Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Hi,

I have a 3 yr old Titanium Powerbook w 512 meg of RAM, I think??
First of all, how can I find out???
Second of all, can I add more, I'd like to get it up to a gig of ram.
Third, can I do it myself???? I've done it on PC's, so I'm figuring a Mac has to be easier.

Thanks.

Frank

gman71882

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Houston, Tx
Click on the Little Apple Symbol in the Top Left corner, And choose "About this Mac" the popup window displays Processor Speed, Memory(RAM) and what startup disk your using. Instructions for installing RAM:
1. Turn you Computer off.
2. You lift your keyboard up with the little tabs by the esc key and F11 keys:
3. Pull the Tabs and lift the top towards you pulling slowly. Dont pull to far out cause the Keyboard Connecter cable is plugged into the Logic board.
You can either Lay the keyboard Face down on the bottom part of you Tibook or unplug the keyboard and set it aside.
4. You will see the RAM slot in the middle, with an empty slot for the new RAM.

I have the Same Tibook you have... i bought some ram about 2 years ago to help with Adobe Software. Choose from some of the following retailers:
Macsales.com ~$115 for 512MB This one has lifetime warranty for just $10 more than the others.

Crucial.com sometimes the Most expensive, in this case its actually very resonably priced.

Chipmerchant.com - great price, Great reliability

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.