Add music to my website??

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by canadadude, Dec 26, 2009.

1. canadadude macrumors member

Ive made a site and want to put music on there that they have the option of playin ?How do i do it??Anyone care to lay out the process for me?? thanks in advance

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post.

Also music, that starts to play when the website is opened can be quite annoying.

I personally dislike it, unless the music controls are easily to find, so I can press pause or mute.

3. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

For an actual music player with multiple tracks, everything I've come across involves Flash player, so you'll have to learn a little actionscript in order to do this as well as own either Flex Builder or Flash CS4/CS3, etc..

If you don't mind the user having to click on an individual song/effect in order for hear something, you can accomplish this easily with an <embed> tag, which should come with at least play/pause controls.

4. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

5. samwich macrumors regular

I honestly don't think you could find one person that enjoys opening up a webpage and having music autoplay. If you want to add music to the site, I highly recommend making the user click a play button, and not having autoplay.

6. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

Yes, please. No automatically playing music. We thank you.

7. ChrisA macrumors G4

I "black list" every site that autoplays music. I only ever see the site once then never again.

What I would suggest is a button called "PLAY" that people can click if they want to hear music. Otherwise I can't think of a faster way to chase people away.