add new contacts in address book to 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Joemero, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Joemero macrumors regular

I have a long list of work contacts I would like to add to my new iphone 4S. I would like to type them into my address book on my MBP with Lion and synch them over, WITHOUT affecting my existing contacts on the iphone.

I have read a few threads on this and would like some clarification, I would not want to lose 500+ contacts already on my iphone that are not currently in my macbook address book. I do not want my current iphone contacts in my mbp address book only vice versa. Any tips on how to do this?

2. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

On your MBP, go to Safari. Type in www.icloud.com. You will then login to iCloud with your Apple ID. Once logged in, click the "Contacts" icon and add the contacts as desired into existing icloud contacts.

After you have done this, go to settings > iCloud, on your 4S and make sure you are logged in and also that the contacts tab is selected as on. Once you have done this, go to your contacts list on the iPhone and hit the refresh arrow and the newly added contacts will push from the MBP iCloud to the 4s.

Hope this has helped :D

3. Joemero thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, it worked great!!!! :d

4. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

Glad to hear it! Enjoy the phone! :apple: