Add one more to the switcher pile:

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
ME! I finally got my ibook (surprisingly only 2 days later than I was originally told, instead of the week later it was slated to be). I haven't really experimented much. So far, I was watching Trainspotting. Not much to do internet-wise, considering I don't have a router and I'm not sure how to hook the ibook to my cable modem (can two computers be hooked to one cable modem, i wonder?). I'm pretty happy though. It's pristine! :cool: To everyone who said the 14'' sucks, I have to completely disagree. It's much bigger than it looked to be in the store, but it's excellent, especially for watching movies (primary computer in college and all). So any tips for a new Mac/ibook user? Anything at all is always appreciated. Thanks to all of the people who helped me make a decision I'm sure I won't regret! I love MR! :D

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
TIP: Go to walmart (if you have one) and get a "Linksys WRT54G" Wireless Router. It's this easy to set up.

1) Open box
2) Play Frisbee with setup CD
3) Plug cable from modem to Linksys' internet port
4) Plug cable from Port #1 on Linksys to wired PC
5) iBook will find "linksys" in airport menu. Connect and surf.
6) Play more Frisbee with the setup CD before throwing it away.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
ITASOR said:
TIP: Go to walmart (if you have one) and get a "Linksys WRT54G" Wireless Router. It's this easy to set up.

1) Open box
Thats what i love so much with macs, i got a printer no need for the cd, i got a modem no need for the cd. Its idiot proof :)

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
Heb1228 said:
Why do they include those CDs with stuff???

LOL oh yeah that other operating system. :D
Well, to be fair you don't need to use the cd if you're on Windows either.

ITASOR said:

1) Open box
On top of ITASOR's steps don't forget to change the default password (admin) to your router! And if you're going to enable Wireless B/G don't forget to enable one of the security options (WEP, WPA, WPA2).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.