Add Signature to PDF for Free?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by doubledee, Dec 11, 2014.

1. doubledee macrumors 6502

doubledee

Someone just sent me a long PDF contract which requires a signature, so I added a digital-signature and thought all was well.

Now they are saying they need a hand-written signature.

If I have to print it out, physically sign it, and fax it back to them, the copy center will charge me over $50!!!!

As a work around, I have a "signature" image that I created in OpenOffice Writer, and was hoping there was some way to paste it into the PDF, but I don't see how that can be done.

I have a MBP with Snow Leopard v10.8.5

Is there some way to add my signature image from Writer to this contract without me having to buy software or spend tons of $$$ at FedEx??

I am so stressed right now... :(

Sincerely,

Debbie

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can install the free Adobe Reader, which enables you to insert signatures (both digital and written) in PDF files.

3. doubledee thread starter macrumors 6502

doubledee

I installed Adobe Reader v11.0.10 yesterday to do the digital signature, but I don't see where/how I could do a physical signature.

Can you help me better understand your advice?

Thanks,

Debbie

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Open the file in Adobe Reader, then click Fill & Sign, then click Place Signature and select the image file that contains your scanned signature.
    Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 11.42.38 AM.PNG

5. doubledee thread starter macrumors 6502

doubledee

When I click on "Place Signature", I get a popup stating...

So I clicked the "Drag New Signature Rectangle" button, and dragged out a blue box on the PDF the size of my signature.

From there, I get a "Sign Document" popup which has the "Sign As" field populated with my name from when I did the original digital signature.

I then tried selecting "New ID" in the "Sign As" field, which then gives me...

I chose the last option, and got a new popup asking for things like Name, Email, etc, but there is no place to choose an image...

Sincerely,

Debbie

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Do you have a scanner? If so, take a white sheet of paper and sign it. Now scan that and save it as an image file, such as a .jpg or .png. Then select that file from Adobe Reader to insert as your signature in any document you need to sign. If you don't have a scanner, taking a pic of the signed paper from your phone would work, though not as good in quality.

7. doubledee thread starter macrumors 6502

doubledee

I figured out the problem...

I needed to click on the triangle next to "Place Signature" and then choose "Change Saved Signature" and then I got a list of options for the signature including "Use an image".

I think I'm good now.

Thanks!!

Debbie

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Glad you got it sorted out!