add snow leaopard panic to format hard drive?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by umbilical, Mar 27, 2010.

1. umbilical macrumors 6502a

hi,
    the scenario: I have a macpro with 500gb and a 2nd 1tb hard drives... so I need "erase and install" with the new snow on the 500gb... I can do it and the 1tb keep with all my info right? the erase and install dont erase all in all hard drives... ??? or I need open my mac pro and eject my 1tb... (that can be worst... beacuse later when I insert the hard drive again maybe can say "this hard drive need be format" or something like that...

please help I have panic to loose my info of the 1tb if I move a new installation...

thanks

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

That was a chore to read. Are you just re-installing (or installing) on the 500 GB? That won't affect the 1 TB drive. What is on the 1 TB drive?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Let's say, your system (Mac OS X) is on HDD A (232GiB) and all your other data is on HDD B (1TB).

If you erase and install Mac OS X, you will only have to erase HDD A, so HDD B stays untouched.

4. umbilical thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah, I mean is simple:

A. 500gb (the info I want move to the 1tb... for make a fresh install on the 500gb)
    B. 1tb (here is the backup of all my data)

the question is if I put erase on install (obvious selecting the 500gb), the 1tb are in perfect condition? I mean the system dont say me "hey this not have format... you need format...." or something like that erase my backup data... on the 1tb