Add tags to video in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fa.ce, Jan 9, 2011.

1. fa.ce macrumors 6502

I'm going to rip my DVD collection (by the way MacX Dvd Ripper Pro could be defined as one of the best program to use ? I know handbrake, any alternatives ?) and i'm looking for a good program to autotag the video.
    I'm trying iFlicks, VideoDrive, iDentify ... but no one of them can easily add tag of italian film (i need actors, description, picture ..)
    Any other software to suggest ?

2. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

3. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

We had this discussion many times in the forums. I use iDentify to tag my files.

4. Colster20 macrumors newbie

I have used Handbreak to convert files from avi to mp4 and have recently started to use Metax to add tags, it takes a while but I thought it would be worth it in the end.

However, I have recently discovered that if I have amended the tags in MetaX in a number of cases the files become unwatchable on my Apple TV or even through iTunes, I have been testing this on movies I have already watched all the way through, so I know they were fine before I amended the tags, has anyone else had similar issues, this is driving me nuts.

Thanks

5. Aidoneus macrumors 6502

MetaX is a good, free utility, but it doesn't always find the best data. TV Shows in particular tend to be something of a chore in my experience. It's a good app to start out with, as it's free.

If you're willing to pony up a bit of cash, I throughly recommend iFlicks (available from the Mac App Store, or direct from the app's website). I have found no faults with the data it pulls in, and the UI is excellent. It only lacks support for chapter titles, something that the developer informs me is "coming".

Whatever program you use, I recommend www.getvideoartwork.com as an excellent source of super high quality artwork.

6. fa.ce thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all.
    I've tried all the suggested apps (and others) but, unfortunately, noone is good with Italian DVD ...
    Any more ?

7. fa.ce thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd tried it but, unfortunately, also this app not gives DVD Italian results ...

8. fa.ce thread starter macrumors 6502