Add things to the finder bar?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Prekesh, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Prekesh macrumors regular

Prekesh

The bar in a finder window lets you add things to it.

you know where theres the back forward keys, you can add files to that D:

(sorry but i just thought this function is so awesome D:)

2. Mashiach macrumors regular

Mashiach

yeh i use it as a quick access for my uni folders.

3. Prekesh thread starter macrumors regular

Prekesh

yeah ! i do the same thing, keep my college folders there. i found out last night after dropping my mighty mouse and dropping a folder in the bar XD. pretty awesome feature tbh ;D

4. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

I'm confused...

Are you talking about adding files/folders under 'Devices', 'Places', and 'Search for'? If so, that's old news.

Here is another tip:
    Personally, I hate the stacks feature on the dock. I would rather click the icon and open the folder in Finder (grid/fan view just doesn't cut it). All you have to do is create an alias of the folder and then drag it to the dock. To make things clean/simple, I keep all the aliases within one folder.

I hope that helps at least one person (took me a week to figure it out).

5. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Thanks for the tip, I never realised I could do that

:)

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I believe the poster is talking about the toolbar at the top of finder windows, in which applications, folders etc. can be added as indicated on in the first attached image. Items can be removed from there if no longer needed by holding Command then dragging them off the toolbar.

As far as the idea of stacks, I just like keeping them as stacks set to display as folders in list view as in the second image of my Adobe stack (as I don't care for the fan or grid view either) to avoid opening another finder window myself. Much more convenient to just pop up a list with a single click than opening a finder window, opening the app and later closing the window in my book (plus I can just click the "Open in Finder" selection at the bottom of the list the rare time I want to open a finder window). Different strokes, but that is why I love the flexibility of customizing OSX! ;)

Attached Files:

7. RaptorJesus macrumors newbie

RaptorJesus

That is so cool! Thanks much! This will save me so much time