Add Thumbnail app for OSX 10.6.5?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RonArt, Nov 29, 2010.

1. RonArt macrumors member

RonArt

I've recently (finally) upgraded to SnowLeopard and I'm having a difficult time finding an application that will simply allow me to ADD a thumbnail to an image file.

The ones that I have tried create an ADDITIONAL file that includes the thumbnail rather than adding the thumbnail to the file itself.

I realize we can nolonger use contextual menu plugins so QuickImageCM no longer works... but I would think there should at least be an app out there somewhere that would allow me to drag-and-drop a file on to it to create a thumbnail for it.

The apps I've tried are: ThumbsUp, Th-MakerX_310, and CocoThumbX

And though CocoThumbX does add a 'thumbnail' to the actual file... it creates one that does not really represent the full image, but rather only a detail of the image (very misleading when looking for an image file... i.e. useless).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ron

2. simsaladimbamba

3. RonArt thread starter macrumors member

RonArt

simsaladimbamba,

Thanks for posting.

Often times I need to make aliases of image files.

SL's icon view does not work with aliases of an image file that did not originally have a thumbnail. Instead all you see is the app creator icon.

As far as the Get Info copy/paste procedure it won't work with an image that does not have an icon. Just if you want to paste another icon onto the file. Whereas I simply want the file to show what the original image is.

4. simsaladimbamba

I have done the following to accomplish the below screenshot.

I created an alias of the image, opened the original image in Preview, selected the complete image via Cmd+A and copied it via Cmd+C and opened the Get Info Inspector of the alias and copied the image onto the icon, like described in the second link of my first post in this thread.

Attached Files:

• ss.png
      ss.png
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
  5. RonArt thread starter macrumors member

RonArt

Need a drag-and-drop method for hundreds of images.

I do appreciate your help and your way no doubt works.

But since I often have a great number of these that I have to do I need a drag-and-drop method to expedite the process.

CocoThumbX works but it produces blurry thumbnails.

QuickImageCM used to work superbly until Apple stopped supporting CM plugins.

Again thanks for your workaround.