Add Twitter button to email signature

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by JPS, Feb 28, 2012.

1. JPS macrumors regular

I was wondering how one could add a simple Twitter button to an email signature that would link to a Twitter account. Currently, if you go to Twitter, they show you the button, then add a code that you're meant to copy-and-paste, and which doesn't lead anywhere, at least not on Safari.

Any ideas, please?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The code they give you is a link to an image that is clickable when you put it on a webpage or, in your case, into an HTML e-mail. However, since e-mail formatting is controlled at the destination and not the source there is no guarantee your button will show up. It is bad practice to rely on extensive formatting in e-mail signatures, because if the recepient has formatting turned off they'll just see a bunch of HTML markup at the bottom of your message.

3. JPS thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm. Thanks for that. So I'm guessing there really is no way of posting a button. Instead I'll post the http address that'll take people there to my Twitter page.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's probably the best thing to do. Most mail clients will make an HTML link clickable automatically.

5. JPS thread starter macrumors regular