Resolved Added a repo and got an interesting "Available Upgrade."

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by -LikesMac-, Jan 24, 2014.

1. -LikesMac-, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014

-LikesMac- macrumors 6502

Hey guys, so yesterday I added the repo called "Karen's Pineapple" (http://cydia.angelxwind.net) so that I could get one of the tweaks found on that repo. After adding the repo, though, I noticed that I had an upgrade available for GNU Privacy Guard—the upgrade was available from Karen's Pineapple. What's this about? The latest version is apparently version 1.4.15-1.

Description is as follows: "GnuPG or GPG is a free alternative to the PGP suite of cryptographic software. In this version a lot of security vulnerabilities are fixed since Sauriks version 1.4.8"

Currently I have version 1.4.8-4 installed. What should I do about this available upgrade? Seems a little sketchy coming from this repo that I just added. :confused:

UPDATE: Alright, got it.

2. -LikesMac- thread starter macrumors 6502

This available upgrade is bugging me as i try to not update it; anyone know what this is about?

3. becast macrumors member

not sure, but It might be just to install the repo icons. Sometimes you install repos and then an upgrade appears to install them

4. uisim151 macrumors regular

uisim151

hes right I just looked at it. its just icons you do not even need it and you can delete it from cydia anytime, just a matter of if you want to have that needed update always showing

5. xxnemoxx macrumors member

xxnemoxx

I updated & theres no problems. Don't think it's a big deal.