Added Reachability Plus Feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Sep 12, 2014.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'm not sure how this could be suggested to Apple, but I think I have an additional Reachability feature everyone would benefit from.

Right now with two taps it brings down the home screen so you can touch the top Apps. How about adding a three tap feature where it pulls the notification center down?

I feel like the hardest thing to do with one hand is pull down the notification center from the top, three taps could easily solve that problem.

You're welcome Apple, you can pay me in Chipotle gift cards. :cool:

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Maybe after you double-tap to shrink the display, you can swipe down from the lowered status bar to bring up the notification center already!

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I thought so, but it looks like the top bar (with the time, wifi, connection, battery, etc stays on the top).

I'm sure it's a quick fix on Apple's end if not.

4. cynics macrumors G4

You don't have to swipe down from the center of the screen. You can swipe down right over the battery notification to pull down the shade.

The above mentioned about pulling it down once reachability is activated from the lowered level isn't a bad idea either.

I have a feeling I'll rarely be using reachability though. I'd probably just end up adjusting my hand when I need too.

5. kerrikins macrumors 65816

If Apple doesn't do it, you can bet the jailbreakers will ;)

6. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I wonder if it's possible for a JB mod to make reachability turn into dual screens

7. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Why bother with any of that? Add a custom swipe gesture where when you swipe downwards at least 2 inches from anywhere on the screen it automatically brings the notification shade down.
    Yep, Nova Launcher on Android is where that idea came from.

8. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

9. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick