Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
I'm a social network whore. I'll be the first to admit it. I check facebook every 20 minutes, myspace every few hours (i hate the load times), and linked in a few times a week. It got so bad that I had to remove accounts from friendster, Hi5, Orkut and Vox.

I was wondering, am I the only one? I wouldnt be surprised if I was :D...and what is the most "mac friendly" / slickest site out their? I'm looking for the MOST NON-MYSPACE looking site. The last thing I want to do is have to continue looking at sites like this.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i'm not. i just don't see the attraction to such sites, what can you possibly gain from them?

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Heart Break Kid said:
I'm a social network whore. I'll be the first to admit it. I check facebook every 20 minutes, myspace every few hours (i hate the load times), and linked in a few times a week. It got so bad that I had to remove accounts from friendster, Hi5, Orkut and Vox.

I was wondering, am I the only one? I wouldnt be surprised if I was :D...and what is the most "mac friendly" / slickest site out their? I'm looking for the MOST NON-MYSPACE looking site. The last thing I want to do is have to continue looking at sites like this.

What I don't get is what is it that makes talking to your friends over the internet better than face to face?

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
I like myspace and facebook (in that order) but every 20min. c'mon thats craaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzy!

I really only check when I get an email about a new message or comment or something!

Oh well...I know you're not the only one with this problem, I can see how it would get addicting.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
FleurDuMal said:
What I don't get is what is it that makes talking to your friends over the internet better than face to face?

Ummmm, because a lot of us live far away from our friends. In my case I live in a different country so......that's why.

Myspace is good and bad. Good for my band, and to keep in touch with old friends, some that I wouldn't connect with any other way....and for the band it's good for those who don't have a real website, and don't want to pay for a site yet...

Bad, cuz it's slow, bad code and too much spam, and ad's...

bobscliff

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2005
NYC
I'll admit it, i'm addicted to facebook. I don't know, it's just fun sending friends messages (especially when you can't see them face to face, like during summer). It's also convenient seeing pictures online. MySpace, however, is the devil. Just going there makes me angry. Why? It's horrible on all browsers, is slow to load, sometimes it doesnt load at all, has (bad) music play automatically, and is just plain ugly. Well that's my rant against mySpace.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.