Addicted?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thormarketing, Oct 16, 2011.

1. thormarketing macrumors member

I live alone with my wife and have:

2 White Macbook 13"
    1 Unibody Macbook Pro 15"
    1 Unibody Macbook Pro 13"
    1 Mac Pro

1 iPhone 4
    1 iPad
    1 Black AppleTV
    1 White AppleTV

I really want more Apple stuff, but I can't figure out any way to possibly justifying anything else. What do I do? Do I sell the old stuff and use it to upgrade to iPhone 4S / iPad 2 - or do I just leave it be and wait a few years until my computers finally seem slow? Gah!!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Makes sense to wait. Keeping up with the greatest and newest is a fools game.

3. Usual macrumors member

This is too many :)

I have anly one iphone 3g & will have a MBA in 10 days :)

4. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

A 27" iMac will satisfy your urge for more Apple gear. At least for a while.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Really bad idea. Buying more stuff seems a little out of control.

OP - If you have a ton of dough, buy whatever you want. If you have to go into debt, or not pay your bills, or run up you credit card bill, or the like, in order to buy more stuff - STOP.

There is the implication in your post suggesting some concern on your part about compulsive buying. I hope I'm not reading too much into your post. If I am - my apologies. If this is the case, stop buying for a while and take stock of the situation. At the risk of sounding cliche - if you're concerned, there may be something to be concerned about. Possibly talking to someone about it might help.

Good luck...:)

6. wirawee macrumors member

If money is not an issue...

You can make so many people happy with your Mac products. Do you have friends who could use a somewhat-used computer? Or maybe your local school or arts organization? Or maybe you know someone industrious who could sell your Apple products on EBay and split the proceeds with you? Give away all of your Apple products and buy them anew!

Apple truly excels at making their products irresistible. If you can make the budget work, revel in it! :D

7. thormarketing thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for everyone's help. I think I satisfied the "urge" for now by ordering a refurbished 27" display for my Mac Pro.

I kinda felt bad having so much mac stuff, but I'm actually using everything but the white AppleTV. I will go ahead and "recycle" by eBaying things if they no longer have a purpose.

While I think the iMacs are absolutely beautiful, I just don't have any purpose for one :( I have to blame Steve for making so many amazing products. Fortunately most of my Macs were purchase for the business and so received a "tax deduction" discount, and I'm not in debt so my addiction hasn't become problematic yet!

I also have the Jobs biography on pre-order, can't wait. I suppose I wouldn't be checking Macrumors and other sites daily if I didn't have some sort of addiction!

8. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Great choice! Congrats.

Don't feel bad having a bunch of Apple stuff.
    You're not addicted, just an enthusiast. Nothing wrong with that. :apple: -> :)

9. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I am addicted can never have enough stuff

1. Powerbook G4 12 inch
    2. Macbook Black (first gen)
    3. Macbook late 2008
    4. Macbook Pro Early 2008
    5. iMac 27 inch late 2009
    6. iPod touch 8 GB first gen
    7. iPhone 3gs 16GB Black
    8. iPhone 4 32 GB Black
    9. iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
    10. iPad First Gen 32 GB Black
    11. iPad Second Gen 32 GB Blac
    12. Apple TV First Gen
    13. Apple Tv Second Gen
    14. AEBS
    15. SE/30

10. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I've got a lot of Apple stuff myself, but what exactly are you doing that requires 4 laptops? That's the only real excess I see in your list.