Adding a folder in a subfolder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SteinMaster, May 25, 2010.

1. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

I searched the forum and did a Google search. I was not able to find an easy answer for this.

I am working in Finder list view (Snow Leopard) and want to add subfolders to another subfolder in documents. When a execute a cmd+shift+N, the folder is added to my root directory in documents. I then have to go back, find it, and drag the folder into my subfolder. It is a real pain. Does anyone have a way to add a folder into a sub-folder without having to drag it from the root?

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Don't think so. I've been searching for this on and off for years.

3. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Double-click the folder you want to place the subfolder inside of and then create the folder. Hope that helps.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I have no issues with this. At least for me, the command for new folder is shift + cmd + N

5. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Yeah, was hoping for a more "technical" approach but I thought I'd throw a suggestion out there. :)

6. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Uh, just navigate to the location you want to create the folder in and then create it.

Or use the mkdir command in the Terminal...

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I've never had a problem creating a new folder in any folder I want to. Seems like something must be wrong in Finder if this is not working. Try replacing the plist file.