Adding a line on preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR 7, Sep 11, 2014.

1. SR 7 macrumors 6502

has anyone added a new line or transferred from VRZ to ATT on preorder night?

any issues?

2. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

You can always add a new line when ordering online. However, if you're talking about porting a number from one company to another...you'll need to do that in store. Additionally, if you're talking about opening up a new account with a carrier you'll need to wait in line on the 19th at your carrier of choice.

4. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

are you talking off experience or actual knowledge or just putting 2 and 2 together?

I ask because on the phone i was just told i can do that...

5. Brandon-411 macrumors newbie

When I preordered my iPhone 5 in 2012, I recall both transferring my phone number from AT&T to Verizon on Apple's site and adding a new line to the Verizon account... However I might be misremembering or it could be different now.

6. guru_ck macrumors 6502

Cosmo kramer is incorrect. Just go to the AT&T site and you can setup a new account and during that process you will be presented with the option to transfer your existing number. No need to go in store.

7. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

I'm adding a line to my wife's VZW account, not porting my current number (get lots of collection calls for someone that's not me). I'm hoping it'll be relatively painless.

8. meldea macrumors regular

He's talking out of his butt. Unfortunately you cannot add a line from Apple.com, but if you order through your carrier's website you should be able to do so there.

9. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502