Adding a line on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmo1116, Jan 17, 2011.

1. jmo1116 macrumors regular

I will be joining my family's plan on Verizon when the iPhone is released. My question is, when I add a line to my family's plan, does that enable me to get an iPhone at the $199 price or not?

2. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

As long as the line is brand new (or a transfer from another carrier), yes, you will get the $199 price. You will not get the $199 price if you already have a line on Verizon and are not within your upgrade period.

3. TimShady macrumors member

As long as you're a new customer and agree to a 2-year term. Verizon has a promotion where they waive the 9.99 additional-line fee if the additional line is a smart phone. So you should only have to pay $29.99 a month for data and share your family's minutes. Hopefully it works out that way for you.

4. jmo1116 thread starter macrumors regular

That is great that they waive the additional line fee for smartphones...Thanks!

5. dont24 macrumors regular

9.99 waive offer ends on 1/30. Won't be able to add the iphone under this promotion.

6. TimShady macrumors member

Oh for real? When I looked I just saw "For a Limited Time".

7. landscapeman macrumors regular

8. jmo1116 thread starter macrumors regular

Also, if I'm adding a line to my family's plan on Verizon, can I preorder the iPhone on Feb. 3rd or do I have to wait until the 10th?

9. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I plan on adding a line to my plan to get the iphone. I'm sure you can preorder on the 3rd. That's what I'm going to do, but the one who's name is on the account will probably have to order it.

10. BriChi macrumors 6502

yes, this has been my unanswered question too from Verizon, I have to call them I guess. I have my droid in for 8 months, new and only line, Now i want to just add an iphone to that line at $10+$30 data for my wife so she can leave ATT finally, Will I be able to pre order that? The verizon rep said I can order my wife a phone being that I am a verizon customer but we went off topic into billing and I forgot to ask if I can do so by adding her to my line, not taking out a new one on top

11. jmo1116 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok cool, that sounds good. Has anyone figured out when preorders will be shipped/delivered?

12. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I believe I heard they will either be shipped on the 10th, or you will receive them on the 10th. All I know is that is how I always order my phones from Verizon by calling their customer service. I usually can talk them into dropping the 35$ activation fee. Also they sometimes give free overnight shipping. Of course with the iphone, I'm sure they have ship on a certain date, but I plan on asking when I call to order the phone. If I can get through that is LOL.

13. jmo1116 thread starter macrumors regular

How do I go about adding a line to my family plan WHILE transferring my number from AT&T to Verizon when I get the iPhone? Is this gonna cost me anything?