Adding a Mac OS X System PreferencePane

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Hi all, as per this thread I've been having trouble in 10.4.11 with keyboard shortcuts not being saved after a reboot. I finally realized that at one point, I re-installed my Keyboard pref pane with Pacifist, which led me to believe that that prefpane was before the update that fixed bug where shortcuts were erased upon reboot. So, I grabbed the newest version of Keyboard.prefpane off my bro's MBP also at .11 (its version is 3.2, mine's is 3.0) but as soon as that was added, System Preferences (at version 3.5) said that Keyboard and Mouse could not be loaded. My question is, is there a way to make the update play nice and work in System Preferences 3.5? Cheers

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Do you have an Intel or PPC Mac? If your Mac is PowerPC, and your friend's Intel, that would explain the failure of the preference pane to load. On the other hand, if that is the case it's no big loss - I happen to have a PowerPC iMac G5 that I can install 10.4.11 on (I'll have to wipe the Mac OS X Leopard Server install on there first, but that's no big deal) and can get you that preference pane.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Don't worry about it, that sounds like way too much work. I'll figure something else out; but thanks for the offer!

4. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Download the update file and use Pacifist again to get the latest file. Or use time machine.

5. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

1) What? I said, that didn't work.
    2) That'll be heaps of fun to use in Tiger!