Adding a new line ATT Family Plan Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4sATT, Sep 15, 2012.

1. iphone4sATT macrumors newbie

Here is my question:

I currently have a Family Plan with ATT with 2 lines, neither are upgrade eligible. I also have an Ipad that is not tied to this account currently and obviously is not under contract.

Is it possible for me to add an additional line to a Family Plan to get the subsidized iphone 5 and then swap that phone and have ATT cust serv. convert this new line to a data only/ipad line? I expect they would keep this new line under a 2-year agreement which would be fine. I know the terms and conditions usually require a voice/data plan but I am not canceling the line only converting it to data only.

Also, I plan to convert over to shared access at some point.

2. cherylgny macrumors newbie

Yes, I did it yesterday. Have two IPhone 4S on 700 min family share with unlimited data.
    My phone was stolen last Monday and I am not eligible for upgrade. Actually could do early upgrade for additional $250.
    So, I added a line and ore-ordered a 64 Gb iPhone 5. When I get the phone I will go in and they will assign it to my phone number and will pay $10 a month for the third line . It won't affect my contract. In May 2006 my original 2 phones will be able to get upgrade.....brilliant idea

3. iphone4sATT thread starter macrumors newbie

More info

Are you keeping that new line as a 9.99 addt'l line? I know that would work but I would like to make that my ipad line which is really not an addt'l line under the family plan but a separate line with ipad plan.