Adding a user ID and password to keychain

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by clarkkent18, Sep 19, 2011.

1. clarkkent18 macrumors member

From my iMac at home (OS Lion), I have to log onto my school website (https://d2l.losrios.edu/) to check for any updates messages from my teachers, new handouts or homework that my instructor post to complete, to participating in on going online discussions. I am finding myself logging in 15-20 times a day to keep up with all of my classes.

The way the school has the passwords set up, they require that the passwords be very long (upper case, lower case, number and special characters). How can I add my user ID name and password to keychain so I do not have to keep retyping it in? I am the only one that uses this computer, so I feel completely safe having it left on here.

I have tried manually adding my info to keychain, but when I go to the site, it does not auto full my info. For what I am trying to do, can it be done??

2. Sc00tr macrumors regular

I dont think that you can in the keychain. You can use a password manager like Lass Pass to do that. It will remember all your passwords and can auto log u in.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Some websites are setup to not allow stored passwords (it's simple flag in the HTML usually). The Keychain respects that and won't store the password. Sometimes you can get around it (there's a plugin for Safari I think that will ignore that), but it doesn't always work. Not sure if programs like 1Password or LastPass will help there.

jW

4. clarkkent18 thread starter macrumors member

Would love to know the name of the patch to see if I could find it. But all in all bummer dude