iPhone XS Max Adding an e-mail on iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JLH81, Nov 20, 2018.

1. JLH81 macrumors newbie

Hello!

I have an iPhone Max XS. I currently have an AOL account on my phone, but when I go into settings to "passwords and accounts," it won't let me add a GMAIL account. I click on "Google" and it just sits there when I do so. Is there some kind of bug in the newest software? If not, can someone help me out with adding the new account?

Thanks much!

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Reboot your phone and try again.

It is doing the same thing to me.

3. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

Yeah, something is up. Just tried to add a Gmail account and nothing. Including after reboot.

Might try the "Other" option.

And: not just Gmail, Yahoo clears the screen and then goes back to the original screen/list of account types to add. Outlook and iCloud seem to work ok (though did not test fully as no other accounts under those services that I can add).

4. JLH81 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried on 3 different phones and can’t add an email account.

5. aKansasKid, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018

aKansasKid macrumors regular

After reading this thread, I just now added my gmail account to my iPhone. BUT, I didn't click to add a Google account. Instead, I selected "Other", and selected that it was an email account. I then had to enter the incoming server name, which for gmail is imap.gmail.com. I used my gmail username and password in the incoming server entry. For the outgoing server, I used smtp.gmail.com and left everything else blank. These steps worked for me.