Adding an HTML signature with .jpg in iOS6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by robdam1001, Sep 24, 2012.

1. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

2. robdam1001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

NVM; I figured it out......I just copied an existing HTML siggy from my iphone and pasted it into the Signature creation area. Love it

3. jonnykanzen macrumors member

But how do you get the picture to show?

When I try this the image (although it pastes successfully) when I write an email appears as a box

4. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

5. robdam1001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. heathpitts macrumors member

I'm having the same problem. I can paste it in the signature box but it doesn't show when it is emailed out. Tried it on my iPad and 4S.

7. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

8. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Soooooo what HTML code did you use in order for that picture to show up?

9. arkoh, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

arkoh macrumors member

Im joining this discussion, since things are really working strangely for my part with the Html Signatures in iOS 6!

First time I tried to copy an html signature into the signature field in settings on my iPhone 4S, it somehow worked out, and I can now send emails with my normal Outlook signature! BRILLIANT! But when I now try to access the signature field in settings, the settings app crashes, and when I now try to do the exact same with my iPad2, copy my normal Outlook Signature, its NOT working!??

Btw. I have tried the same with adding a Jpg picture to the signature, and it shows up perfectly in settings, but as a blank square when I then try to compose an email!???

Anyone got a glue as to whats going on!??

10. Dapsol, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012

Dapsol macrumors newbie

i had to go through the entire registration process, captcha, mail verification just to reply.... for all the googlers:

First, this is what i did to make the signature work in the Mountain Lion Mail app: http://mydesignpad.com/create-a-html-email-signature-for-mac-os-x-mountain-lion-10-8/

Then, send yourself an e-mail, and open this e-mail on your iPhone. You should now see the signature.

Now, the trick is "how do you select the signature in your e-mail when you copy it".

You have to copy it in a way that you see a cursor before the signature and another cursor after the signature. Just as if you'd copy a word of text (and NOT as if you'd copy an image).
    Then click copy, and paste that in the settings -> signature.

For me this works, in IOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 5.

Good luck and have fun =)

11. oliversl macrumors 65816

Thanks for the link, it helped!

My last question is: your image is hosted in some website? Or is embedded in the html as MIME?

I have done some test with embedded images and it does not work, so I assume your image in the signature is hosted somewhere.

Regards,
    Oliver