Adding an iPhone at launch to a family plan.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xombie, May 10, 2009.

1. xombie macrumors newbie

Howdy,

This question seemed to be a bit unique so I started a new thread with this question. What do I need to do, and what information should I have on me to add myself to my sisters family plan at the iPhone launch?

I know this question carries the assumption that the new iPhone will be announced and come out this summer, but if it is I do plan on waiting in line, and I also plan on joining my sister on her plan. If anyone has some past experience from previous launches, or just happens to know this information I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
    Brendan

ps.
    It may be a bit obvious, but this is also assuming she isn't with me in line.

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

The easiest way is to take her with you. There can be no issues then. Otherwise you will need her permisson along with account information.
    You telling the AT&T employee she said it's ok will not work. Have her go into the store ahead of time and sign off on any paperwork that needs to be done ahead of time. Then make sure you return to the same store on launch day. They will remember you and it should make things easier.