Adding another line to save money?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amacfa, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

Right now I have 450 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited texting. I really only use the texting and the data, rarely any minutes.

Would it be a good idea to have someone else added (not necessarily someone I know) to split the bill to make it cheaper?

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

In theory, yes. In actuality, probably not. Only because who is to say that this person will actually pay you and on time. Haven't you ever seen those Judge Judy shows? :rolleyes:

3. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i thought about the family plan when i was getting my 3gs but after breaking it down and doing the math there really isnt any savings probably less than 10 dollars.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Really, you would add someone you don't know to your bill? How would you do that? Ad on Craigslist? Stand on the street corner...psst hey pal, wanna share a phone plan?:p

5. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Yeah, you definitely do not want to add somebody to your plan that you don't know.

Why don't you talk to your friends and see if anyone wants to go on a family plan with you? It will probably benefit you both so it might not be too hard to find someone.

Don't do it unless you can find somebody you trust.