adding apple care to iPad complaint

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mintakax, Sep 15, 2015.

1. mintakax macrumors regular

I'm not usually a big complainer, but I just spent 30 min on the phone to apple support trying to add apple care to an iPad air2 I purchased from Amazon. I called the number for applecare + and after 25 minutes of unsuccessful attempts with a nice apple care representative he finally bumped me up to his supervisor, a less than friendly fellow name Jonathan.
    Jonathan had me do an internal diagnostic and then I received an email and followed some instructions, then it was done. I asked Jonathan why the other guy didn't know to do this and he said that was standard procedure. He didn't give a crap about the wasted time.

I know this is a first world problem, but why the heck doesn't Apple make this process easier ?

I did save $80 buying the pad from amazon vs apple store, so maybe this was apples way of extracting those $ :)

2. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

What were his "unsuccessful attempts" exactly?

3. mintakax thread starter macrumors regular

One route was to have me sign into Apple Store websites and try and add it to my cart. Result was constantly " nothing in your cart ". A second way was to add AppleCare when registering the iPad. This resulted in needing a registration number that he couldn't supply.
    The bottom line was that since I bought it from a third party, there was no confirmed purchase date. Running an internal diagnostic that gets sent to apple is the only way to get this, but first tier reps are not told this.