Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicholasredford

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
I called Apple today to try to add apple care to my apple watch. The guy said that he couldn't do it until I received the watch. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, my watch is still in the processing stage, you'd think it would be an easy add on.

sodaftl

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
You will need to bring the Apple Watch to your Apple Store so that they can check that the watch is in new and working condition, then they'll be happy to take your money for the Apple Care extended warrantee...

I also believe you need to bring the invoice with the S/N.

Just did that this afternoon!

TrentonRommy

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
You will need to bring the Apple Watch to your Apple Store so that they can check that the watch is in new and working condition, then they'll be happy to take your money for the Apple Care extended warrantee...

You can also have Apple run remote diagnostics if for whatever reason you don't want to go to an Apple Store.

"Important notes
Purchase AppleCare+ with your new Apple Watch. Or buy it within 60 days of your Apple Watch purchase:
At an Apple Retail Store (inspection of Apple Watch and proof of purchase are required)
OR call (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)"

That information is from this page.

Nicholasredford

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015

But they still have it! For all I know, it hasn't even been made yet! Don't see why they can't just add that on. I live about an hour from the closest Apple store so they said I could do it over the phone once I receive it. Still makes more sense to do it while it's still in their possession.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Bottom line, you can't. :) On the original order, or call AppleCare when you get it OR take it to your Apple Store.

I ordered it this time. Once I did the over-the-phone deal with an iPhone, took literally five minutes including the diagnostic test they emailed me.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Bottom line, you can't. :) On the original order, or call AppleCare when you get it OR take it to your Apple Store.

I ordered it this time. Once I did the over-the-phone deal with an iPhone, took literally five minutes including the diagnostic test they emailed me.

I did this. I called after placing my order and they added it. I now have my watch, but I added AC+ after placing my order and before it shipped.

OP, call again. Someone gave you the wrong information.

HackerJL

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
I called Apple today to try to add apple care to my apple watch. The guy said that he couldn't do it until I received the watch. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, my watch is still in the processing stage, you'd think it would be an easy add on.

I did this when I ordered a phone before, I had to talk to someone, and they were good about it. Might have to call back and get someone else I think

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
But they still have it! For all I know, it hasn't even been made yet! Don't see why they can't just add that on. I live about an hour from the closest Apple store so they said I could do it over the phone once I receive it. Still makes more sense to do it while it's still in their possession.

Just wait, damn. What's the big hurry? If you don't even have it yet, then it's not broken..

Get the watch, don't open it if you're that paranoid, then just go into a Apple store and open it there and add Apple Care. Simple. :rolleyes:

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I got my Apple watch on Friday , on Saturday I did a live chat with Apple support and got Apple care
No questions asked about the watch or test
Took a few minutes

I was trying to buy it myself on the website but it was not goin into my cart

Nicholasredford

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Just wait, damn. What's the big hurry? If you don't even have it yet, then it's not broken..

Get the watch, don't open it if you're that paranoid, then just go into a Apple store and open it there and add Apple Care. Simple. :rolleyes:

I've read a few posts with people who received defective watches. With Apple care, I believe apple sends you a replacement watch before they receive the defective one, but With out a.c., You have to send in the watch first. Yes it would only be a couple extra days, but I've waited long enough.

----------

I did this. I called after placing my order and they added it. I now have my watch, but I added AC+ after placing my order and before it shipped.

OP, call again. Someone gave you the wrong information.

The guy I talked to told me that he had been able to do it for a few customers between the preorder and the launch, but the computer won't let him do it after the launch date.

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
I've read a few posts with people who received defective watches. With Apple care, I believe apple sends you a replacement watch before they receive the defective one, but With out a.c., You have to send in the watch first. Yes it would only be a couple extra days, but I've waited long enough.

Lol, try being part of the crew who waits until June, like myself and many others. "I've waited long enough" he says... :rolleyes:

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
I added AC+ To a watch on Friday over the phone. All I provided was the watch serial number and my credit card. AC+ showed up in my support profile about 60 seconds later.

Nicholasredford

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
I added AC+ To a watch on Friday over the phone. All I provided was the watch serial number and my credit card. AC+ showed up in my support profile about 60 seconds later.

We've all waited long enough. Since September(nearly 8 months) when they announced the Damn thing

Technodynamic

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
I added it over the phone before I received the watch. I was able to get the Serial # from support.apple.com that showed my watch listed before I received it. Took some wait time on the phone, but they did it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.