Adding artwork to AViTunes files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tallest Skil, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Hey, all. I've been using AViTunes to add the appropriate metadata to AVI files so that iTunes can recognize and store them. It works really well minus the ability to add album artwork.

I'd convert everything to mp4, but the increased filesize for everything would amount to a couple of gigabytes.

Is there a way to add artwork to AVI files that were added to iTunes natively? Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Anyone?

As much as I would like to convert everything to mp4 and have it work that way, the extra size is a slight turn-off. What do you think I should do?

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try making a reference file in QuickTime Player, add that to iTunes and then adding artwork.

4. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Ugh. That's the only other solution I've found, and it's so inelegant. If I do that, can I put the AVIs in the appropriate iTunes directory along with the reference file so that they're all in one place? I just like the direct AVI route because that allows me to store my media the way that iTunes prefers, but if I can just drag the stuff to the right place after making the reference file (or before if it needs location), I'd be okay with that.

Thanks, rich.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yeh place the AVI in the iTunes directory in Movies and then make the reference file. should work you just dont move the AVI as its referenced.