Resolved Adding audio To An Existing Xcode iPhone App.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by TrentS, Jun 16, 2014.

1. TrentS, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014

TrentS macrumors 6502

TrentS

I am currently in the early stages of learning how to build a basic iPhone app with Xcode. I read where the easiest way to learn is to watch Youtube apps on Xcoding. I took that advice and found a video by Matt Heaney on how to build a simple helicopter game. I completed his 3 video series and built my own copter game using a sub instead. But now I want to learn how I can add sound to my new app. Does anyone know where I can go to learn how to add a simple audio file to my newly created app? I've looked on line, and so far I have not come across a good source. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

PS - Also, I started to do the same game for the iPad, but kept running into an error that says something like I don't have an identifier, or entry points. Do I have to have an Apple Developer Account to be able to make an iPad app, or is my problem something else?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. TrentS thread starter macrumors 6502

TrentS

Wa-Hoo!!

OK, I finally was able to get something to work! Someone told me to use AudioToolbox.framwork, which didn't quite exactly work like I had hoped. Then I finally incorporated AVFoundation.framwork, and it works like a charm! I have been adding bells and whistles to my app ever since!

I guess I had stumped a lot of the programmers on here ( ha ha ), or they didn't want to answer such a dumb question. Anyways, I was able to figure it out.

:D :D :D :D