Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oeagleo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
West Jordan, Utah
I have tried several times to add a card from my bank to Apple Pay Wallet. The bank is a participating bank, and when I try to add the card, the setup says I must contact the bank. I have done this, and have an E-mail stating that the card has been approved. However, Apple Pay Wallet refuses to acknowledge that the card is approved, instead still insisting that I contact my bank.

WTF?

Anyone got any ideas?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I have tried several times to add a card from my bank to Apple Pay Wallet. The bank is a participating bank, and when I try to add the card, the setup says I must contact the bank. I have done this, and have an E-mail stating that the card has been approved. However, Apple Pay Wallet refuses to acknowledge that the card is approved, instead still insisting that I contact my bank.

WTF?

Anyone got any ideas?

Depending on the verification method before you can use your card, you may have to call your bank to verify that it’s your card. My banks in the beginning required me to call. Now I can have my code text to me or I can verify through the app and then the card is approved.

oeagleo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
West Jordan, Utah
Depending on the verification method before you can use your card, you may have to call your bank to verify that it’s your card. My banks in the beginning required me to call. Now I can have my code text to me or I can verify through the app and then the card is approved.

I have done that, in fact, I have an E-mail from the bank telling me that it is authorized. That's what I can't figure out. I guess it's gonna be a trip to the Apple Store.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I have done that, in fact, I have an E-mail from the bank telling me that it is authorized. That's what I can't figure out. I guess it's gonna be a trip to the Apple Store.

It needs to be authorised every time. I need to do this with my bank every time I either sign out of iCloud or restore.

Stay on the phone to them while the activation process happens and tell them if it doesn’t work. Mine gets activated within seconds.

robcole2013

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
Barry, South Wales UK
I have this issue, my bank actually sent an eform to apple because the attempts are not showing at their end so here is nothing to authorise. The form was sent on 3rd July so far no response from Apple Pay.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Yes I call my bank every time I get a new phone to re-activate my card and its instant. As the guys say, call your bank and keep them on the line until you get a successful activation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.