Adding chapters in FCE?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by slimjim, Jul 3, 2007.

1. slimjim macrumors newbie

I search the forum and learn how to add the chapters in iDVD its was driving me nuts but it was so simple. My question is can I add the chapter points in FCE so there at the points I want them at because iDVD just has you set them to how many minutes do you want a chapter point at. That is fine that iDVD does it that way but I want to point the points at special parts cause I want to have a play button and other two other buttons one for the reception and then more of the reception/dancing. And my last question is when adding video transitions what is the best why to do it. Example I have is a piece of the video has a jump cut and i want to put a video transition so you don't have that.

Thanks
    Jim

P.S. Im new to the Mac world but I love it.

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

Here's a good article on how to maake chapter markers in FCE that is iDVD compatible. You don't need to mark compression markers. Those are for Compressor from Final Cut Pro only.
    http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/compression_chapter_markers_stone.html

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

EDIT: Never mind, huntercr posted while I was writing this.

I have FCP with DVDSP, so this may be different for you, but you could try this:

In the FCE timeline, drag the playhead to the point where you want to make a chapter. Press M once to create a marker, then press it again to edit that marker. There's a button that says something like "Add Chapter Marker."

DVD Studio Pro pays attention to those markers, but I don't know about iDVD.

4. slimjim thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome. From just glancing at that site it seems to be a big help. Thanks