Adding "Close Tab" feature to bookmark bar..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PhantomOSX, Mar 17, 2009.

1. PhantomOSX macrumors member

Recently I installed SafariStand and loved how you could add a new tab by a bookmark on the bookmark bar rather than having to click on the little plus sign way in the corner in Safari 4. I also tried to add a close tab bookmark as well but have no lucking in finding out how. Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks in advance. =)

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Just use Command + T for a new tab, and Command + W to close.

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Sometimes that's not the most convenient option. I often times use command + T, but with my most important bookmarks on the left side of the Bookmarks Bar, I'd like to have a convenient "new tab" button there as well so I can just, open bookmark, BAM new tab for bookmark, open bookmark, BAM new tab...

So to answer your question, yes new tab is available. Although truthfully, I don't know of a close tab button.

4. PhantomOSX thread starter macrumors member

I use cmd+t quite often but after adding a new tab bookmark it made me curious to find out other ways.

5. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

javascript:window.close()

Okay, just select ALL of the above text, and drag it to your bookmark bar. That will give you a "close tab" bookmark.

6. PhantomOSX thread starter macrumors member

7. PhantomOSX thread starter macrumors member

Upon further use javascript:window.close() doesn't work so well, after clicking on any link and going to another page in a tab it won't close the tab. Any other ideas?