Adding Components to a Home Theater

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jashtiani, Jun 10, 2012.

1. jashtiani macrumors newbie

I have a Pioneer TV hooked up to a Pioneer Receiver via HDMI, and the receiver also has a cable box, Blu-Ray player, and Apple TV connected to it as well. If I add a Wii to the receiver, will it overheat any of the components?

2. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

No. The only reason things might overheat is if you have things physically stacked or unventilated (say by putting them in a cabinet without air holes.

3. jashtiani thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you have any sources to cite your information?

4. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Why would you think that a receiver would overheat if components are plugged into it? I assume the receiver has inputs for these different devices, so why would you think that it couldn't handle it? It's not like the receiver is processing input from all of the devices simultaneously and trying to output to multiple sources, etc. It's taking input from 1 place at a time, and sending it to one destination.

??

As Alan said, you'd only have problems if there was a physical heat issue, exactly as he described (poor ventilation, or physically stacking components on top of each other)

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Do you have any sources to cite your concern?

6. EvilC5 macrumors 6502a

I have a mini, bluray, cable box, and atv3 hooked to my onkyo all stacked in a closed cabinet and they have no issues

7. 2LMedia macrumors member

Experience? I have a VSX-1022 with 5 devices plugged in, all in use at various times, with not heat issues whatsoever.

8. Philpug macrumors member

In my audio/video geek days I had...

Sony Beta HiFi
    Mitsu S-VHS
    Pioneer LaserDisc
    Nakamichi Cassette
    Sony CD
    Bang & Olufsen LP
    Sony PS1

all into a Sony ES receiver..never overheated. As long as you have the inputs..should not be an issue.

9. EvilC5 macrumors 6502a

lol, sounds like my setup back in the day.....add in a DCC and DAT :D