iPhone Adding Contacts to a specific Google Account

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by drive88mph, Mar 12, 2015.

1. drive88mph macrumors newbie

I use Google to store and display Contacts on my iphone. I use two accounts and have always done this because I have a personal account and a business account, the problem occurs when i need to add a contact to my business account which is NOT MY DEFAULT account and so everytime I do this process, all added contacts go to my default account which in this case, is my personal account.

Is there a way to manage adding contacts a different way? I already tried unchecking my personal account on the Groups Screen and the contact still goes to default

Im totally lost "(

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Pretty sure the default account has to be changed.

I do the same thing and usually just end up fixing the situation when I get back to my Mac.

3. drive88mph thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats just awful...too bad Apple didn't think about this

4. Rhonindk, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015

Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Doesn't always work - default account.
    I have 3 accounts on my 6+: MS Exchange, GMail, iCloud. MS Exchange is the default.
    When adding a new contact from email it goes to MS. When adding a manual contact, it ends up in MS or iCloud. I end up using a sync app to fix my contacts. It's a pita and something that yes, you would think, Apple would have caught and implemented long ago. :rolleyes: