Adding cover in iBooks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by farron, Oct 25, 2013.

1. farron macrumors newbie

So since I updated to OS X, the books section in iTunes has moved to the iBooks app, and I don't know how to get to the 'get info' section or whatever to add a cover for an epub book I added. Is there any way for me to do this?

2. lars666 macrumors 6502a

I was also searching (and asking here on the forum) where the "iTunes like" metadata edit - right click, "Get Info" – has gone. Seems like this functionality is non-existent in the new outsourced iBooks ... :( Silly Apple, it hopefully will come back with an update. I can't believe that we are the only ones annoyed by this.

3. mpress03 macrumors member

I agree that the inability to edit metadata is a major oversight.The option to "Show in Finder" would also be helpful in locating where exactly the book is on my hard drive. Maybe Apple feels that all the metadata is fine since you are buying all your books from them. I always found iTunes Get Info very limited for books and so I use Calibre. It is great software for managing books and will pull metadata from the internet that you can then edit. It is a pain to have to open another program to fix something minor that a native Apple app should be able to do.