Adding Edge to Prepaid T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mustnotsleep, Aug 11, 2010.

1. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

Is there any way I can add a cheap data line separately from my prepaid plan? I know I can connect to edge through safari, but it says "this phone is not compatible" or some bs. But I am able to go to some menu where I can click some links to abc news and actually get data streaming (with no plan), so I know that there clearly is capability. Could I put my SIM in another phone and call and ask for something? I am ideally talking about that edge plan that costs $6 or $12 that I have read about, I dont care to pay more than that.

2. Nick0912 macrumors member

You should call tmobile customer service and ask or go to a tmobile store.

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Tmo has always told me you can't add data to prepaid because it's some kind of billing issue the system isn't set up for.

4. Nick0912 macrumors member

What I have from t-mobile is a non contract plan that comes with unlimited txt web and 500 min for $59.99 USD. Maybe you can try that, I think it's a good deal.

5. mustnotsleep thread starter macrumors 6502

i pay maybe $200 a year for 2000 minutes/texts and use skype (which is $30 for yearly unlimited) for most calls, and then use wifi for my internet (which exists nearly everywhere). i would be nearly quadrupling my costs if i signed up for a plan like yours. clearly not worth it just to add edge.

6. Nick0912 macrumors member

When I went to get that plan I asked for prepaid and the employee said you can't get data on prepaid service.