Adding Express to Extreme????

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Pilsbury1981, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Pilsbury1981 macrumors member

Hi all

I have just got an Airport Extreme. Before i had an Express to stream music to my amp but since adding in the Extreme I cant see how to add the Express.

Thanks for your help

2. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

I'm slightly confused by your issue... are you having trouble connecting your AirPort Express to your new AirPort Extreme WiFi network?

3. Pilsbury1981 thread starter macrumors member

yes. Tried to find the Express using the network utility but it doesn't see it??

4. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

What is the status light doing on the front of the AirPort Express?

Have you reset the Express? The first thing that comes to mind is that it might be trying to work with its old settings, whereas you want it looking for a new network.

To restore the factory settings of the AirPort Express, unplug the Express, and then plug it in again whilst holding down the reset button (the small button next to the headphone jack).

5. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I have the same setup and it does indeed work - like Cousin said, you will need to reset your APE and reconfig in the network utility to connect to your AEBS.

6. Pilsbury1981 thread starter macrumors member

That worked. :D Thanks a lot. I never would have thought to do that. I had pushed the reset and tried again but nothing had happened.