Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbhuang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Is there a way to add files to multiple iTunes libraries simultaneously?

I currently store all my media on a network drive; so I don't want to copy the same file to multiple locations. Instead, after the DVD is ripped I'd like to have the movie added to two different libraries. Simply copying the iTunes library from my primary computer won't work. The library on my primary computer, has all my personal song ratings and playlists. The second computer is connected to a TV to be used as a HTPC and is more of a family computer. I would like to be able to maintain different playlists for this computer.

Essentially is there an easy way to make sure any new files added (or modified) to my primary iTunes library are also added to another iTunes library?

Jolly Giant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
Essentially is there an easy way to make sure any new files added (or modified) to my primary iTunes library are also added to another iTunes library?

for purchases from the iTunes store, there is Home Sharing, which can be configured to transfer newly added content to shared libraries automatically. content you add yourself (e.g. CD rips) need to be transferred manually.

3rd party apps such as Syncopation, TuneRanger or SuperSync will deal with everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.