adding files to xcode?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ASApps, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ASApps macrumors newbie

so say i want to add my mp3 to my xcode app for download...having trouble clicking it up and does not show up in interface builders lib section.... any suggestions?

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Please elaborate. Are you saying you want to allow the end user of your app the option to download the mp3 file?

3. ASApps thread starter macrumors newbie

here...

so basically im a dj and make music.....

i have something like the app store pretty much a clone of it... anywho im trying to put my mp3 files on the different categories and have ppl download them for free and auto sync them to their itunes... i have over 5 yrs of objective c,C,C++,php,perl etc... so how would this be done? do i need to outsource them to filedude or something like that?

4. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

You want in-app purchase of your music basically ? You want to make the ASApps store ?

Read the StoreKit framework documentation :

http://developer.apple.com/library/...roduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008267

However, make sure to review the agreement to make sure purchasing music is something that is allowed. Also, will you want to add this to the iPod app or will your own app be the method of playback ?

Note that this only processes payment, you will have to setup distribution yourself, through your own server (be it HTTP, FTP, etc..) and you will have to write the network code necessary for the transfer.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Pretty dangerous. Apple has been known to reject apps that are too close in functionality to their own, because they feel they can confuse the customer. I believe this is covered in section 8.3 of the App Store Review Guidelines.

I'm pretty sure such functionality is not possible with the public APIs. Third-party apps are sandboxed and, to put it simply, you'll be hard-pressed to move files out of that sandbox and into iTunes. You may have some options for a desktop app or web-app that runs on the desktop (a la Amazon Downloader) but that's probably not what you're looking for.

To me, seems a somewhat strange question, based on the experience you say you have. What ideas have you already come up with? Why won't they work? Etc.

6. ASApps thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's the situation.... I made a tapbar with browse,downloads,and search my main question is.... I upload my mp3s 2 a file hosting site and how do I link the mp3 to the correct d/l button and make it show up in the download tab an d make it auto sync in iTunes... It's not a clone just a lil navy grid and it's all for free and just my songs for fans and friends...

About programming I just came back from war 101st inf...I kno tonZ of txt based games SQL/php but I really need help with this anyhelp would be awesome thanks guys