Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marysville

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Just moved to my new iMac 21.5. and MSOffice 2008.
How can I use fonts from my Font Book in Word? Must they be moved into Word's font library?

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Fonts in your font book should show up in Word. If you recently added them to your fontbook, do a reboot and see if they show up in Word 2008.

marysville

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Fonts in your font book should show up in Word. If you recently added them to your fontbook, do a reboot and see if they show up in Word 2008.

Hi, First, thanks for the reply.
Not all in Font Book show up in Word's list. In particular those items after Zapfino in FBook are not in Word.
I will try adding to font book from my Adobe disk and see if they migrate to Word.

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Another suggestion, esp. if you have TrueType fonts.

Go to users/yourhomefolder/library/fonts

Put the fonts you want to use in that font folder. Then reboot.

The fonts should be in your Fontbook and useable in Word. Just tried it with some TT fonts, it worked.

matt7sd

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2010
Utah
Still missing fonts in Word

Maybe you guys can help me out. I tried adding my new fonts in the word font menu and in all other font menus on my computer. I even tried rebooting all of the programs and the computer and no additional fonts will show up in Word. Any suggestions?

marysville

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Maybe you guys can help me out. I tried adding my new fonts in the word font menu and in all other font menus on my computer. I even tried rebooting all of the programs and the computer and no additional fonts will show up in Word. Any suggestions?

I can only add that I followed the advice given above and now the added fonts appear in Word fonts.
Note that the new fonts are not added directly into Word.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.