Adding images in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sundance2007, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Sundance2007 macrumors regular

I'm having trouble adding images in iPhoto. I want to create a book. An "event" was created when I downloaded the images from the camera but there are other images I want to add. When I drag and drop the images I want to add to the event ( from a folder on my desktop where I put them) it creates a new event, it does not add the images to the event I want them in. So I created a event with the new images I want to add and merged the two events but the new photos do not show in the bar across the top where the images are for me to add to the book.

What am I doing wrong, how do I add images to a event?

2. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Hi sorry, I read that twice and I couldn't really understand whats going on- after you moved the images from the desktop I gather it made a new 'event' in iPhoto. After this did you drag one event into the other- it should merge them? (including the event previews in the top)

3. Sundance2007 thread starter macrumors regular

I did figure that out but sometimes the new photos do not show in the event they were merged to. I have to shut down and restart (sometimes more than once) iPhoto to get them to show.

Thanks