Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rien333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
The Netherlands
At first I want to apologize for any of my incorrect English and maybe for being a noob. ;)
I'm new to the macrumors forums and I hope someone can help me. :)
I started learning and working with Xcode 2.5 months ago, and also with (Objective) C. (It isn't going very fast because I'm still 14) A few days ago I came across one problem which I couldn't fix by myself and neither Google could (At least in my search results).
But before I go to much in detail, I will ask my question: How do you add languages (like French, German or in my example Dutch) to your Xcode project? I know it has to be something like "dutch.Iproj" but I can't figure out how do it. I hope someone can help me! :)

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
At first I want to apologize for any of my incorrect English and maybe for being a noob. ;)
I started learning and working with Xcode 2.5 months ago, and also with (Objective) C. (It isn't going very fast because I'm still 14) A few days ago I came across one problem which I couldn't fix by myself and neither Google could (At least in my search results).
But before I go to much in detail, I will ask my question: How do you add languages (like French, German or in my example Dutch) to your Xcode project? I know it has to be something like "dutch.Iproj" but I can't figure out how do it. I hope someone can help me! :)

The correct convention is to make a "strings" file.

http://www.stone.com/The_Cocoa_Files/Internationalize_Your_App.html

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green

If you googled for terms like "dutch.Iproj", then that's one of the problems. The extension of the localized language element is ".lproj", that's lower-case-L, not capital-I.

For example, I found a lot of useful reference docs by searching for:
xcode Lproj site:developer.apple.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.