Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Halloween

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knows how to add more languages to the Dictionary application.

I was specifically looking for a Portuguese language pack, but after searching in Apple's website I only managed to find one (yes, one) language pack for that application; isn't that odd? I use the Dictionary application quite a lot for English words, too bad i can't do it for my native language.

Anyway, cheers and thanks in advance

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knows how to add more languages to the Dictionary application.

I was specifically looking for a Portuguese language pack, but after searching in Apple's website I only managed to find one (yes, one) language pack for that application; isn't that odd? I use the Dictionary application quite a lot for English words, too bad i can't do it for my native language.

Anyway, cheers and thanks in advance

just the other day i was adding a few french dictionaries for my sister

here are the instructions

http://davidtse916.wordpress.com/20...e-built-in-dictionary-application-in-leopard/

there is a link there to a site which hosts various dictionaries.

slightly off topic but the dictionary app with its built in wikipedia and the ability to other languages is quite an app

Halloween

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.