Adding movies to a webpage. Internet Explorer.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by 66217, Oct 16, 2008.

1. 66217 Guest

OK, so I've added some movies to a website. Made the video in FCE and then converted them with QT for web usage. Problem is, it requests QuickTime to see the movies. I know that this is a non-problem for Mac users, but many Windows users don't have QT installed.

What workaround can I make for the video to be viewable without QT? And for it to retain good quality.

Thanks.

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

3. 66217 thread starter Guest

Doesn't YouTube has poor quality? And it also add the YouTube logo.

I would like a more elegant solution, if there is one at all. Really, it is just because they are asking me to do that, if it were for me, I'll just let the people download QT.

4. dcubed20 macrumors member

5. ksb43 macrumors member

If you have flash use flash video. You can embed the video into the flash file (this will take a long time to load the video) or you can use the flv component in flash to "stream" the video as it downloads. Flash will create an FLV for you. This is the best route, but some servers have to be configured to allow .flv files to play.

6. ksb43 macrumors member

Or another option is to include multiple formats of the file. A Quicktime movie and a Windows Media Video format should cover you.