Adding mp3 files from PC to iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eleny, Jan 12, 2010.

1. eleny macrumors newbie

I have a number of cds with old time radio stories on them in mp3 format and would like to add them to my iPod touch 64 GB

First, I copied some stories from the cd to a folder on my PC
    Then I created a new Playlist folder in iTunes and named it Duffys Tavern
    Now I'd like to get those stories from my PC into that new folder in Playlists

So I added one of those mp3 files to the Library and it landed in the Recently Added folder
    But when I highlighted that file, right clicked and selected Add To Playlist, the new Playlist is not available

The only Playlist available is one I created the other night for a different set of stories. But that was done in a roundabout way when I was trying to learn a bunch of stuff about the iPod. Now I'm stumped because I can't recall how I was able to do it. :rolleyes:

Can anyone help? I can't find instructions for this in the manual.

2. eleny thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I figured it out but it's one file at a time

I kept looking around and saw that a file I loaded also landed in the Music folder. When I highlighted it and right clicked I saw the prompt to create a Playlist folder from the file.

Then I added a few more mp3s to the Library and they landed in Music and I repeated the process.

The thing is that I can add three shows at a time. Even though I can select all shows in a folder, none of them will be added. It only accepts maximum three at a time. I guess it's different with songs that are much smaller files than these 1/2 hour audio files.

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Will they just drag from the library into the playlist? I've never done the right click thing to add. I have however shift clicked in the library, then dropped them on the playlist I wanted.

You can also highlight them like that then select "create new playlist from selection" in the menus!

Glad it sorta sorted out for you!

4. eleny thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Tracey! I couldn't get it to drag and drop early on when I was just getting started last night. I think I was trying to drop it into the first Playlist that I created myself from the File menu not one created from the iTunes prompt. I'm going to try it again and use your method.

5. eleny thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, those are helpful but only to a point...

For instance, I can't import the CDs with the audio MP3 files of the old radio shows. iTunes just isn't seeing them on the CDs. So I have to bring them into the Music folder manually and only a maximum of 4 titles at a time.

Perhaps I have to choose certain settings in Preferences. I'll have to read some more.