Adding Music to a movie clip

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ndwgolf, Jun 19, 2008.

1. ndwgolf macrumors regular

Guys,
    I have converted a movie from a Flash format to MP4 format and now I would like to add some music to the movie clip. How can I do That????

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Can you import it to iMovie?

Just search apple.com/support for detailed steps on importing and adding music

3. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

I dont have iMovie, can I download it???

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Really? It comes in all Macs, including your MacBook Pro. That's that only one I've used.

Try searching versiontracker.com for movie editing software, there may be a free option that will work for you

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Not sure if you need the full quicktime pro but I know in quicktime you can take a movie and add a sound clip to it. I did it with the Leopard intro since the movie and mp3 were seperate.

Granted you don't get many option for editing but if your just adding a simple track to it, you should be able to do it in quicktime.

6. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

If the only thing you're going to do is add an audio track, I would use QT Pro, it is simpler, faster and cleaner. However, you do have to PAY for the pro in QTPro, and iMovie comes free in every mac.

7. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

I already have QTP, I will have a look at it and see if I can do it

8. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

I guess I am stupid, I just looked in aplications and I have iMovie, just need to figure out how to add the music, well over right the original music and add my own

9. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

In QTPro, open your movie, then:
    1. Window, show movie properties (Command+J)
    2. Select the soundtrack and Delete/Disable it (if you want the original sound muted)
    3. Open the music you want to add WITH QTP (not on itunes)
    4. Edit, Select All
    5. Copy (command+C)
    6. Go to the movie
    7. Edit, Add to selection & Scale
    8. Voilà

In iMovie 08
    1. File, Importe Movies (here you import the movie you converted into the iMovie events library)
    2. If you don't have the music you want to add in the iTunes library, this is the time to add it
    3. Drag your movie/event from the "events" panel to the "project" panel
    4. Drag the music from the music/iTunes panel to the project panel and let it fall in the background
    5. Select your clip/movie and click on the little speaker icon to change it's volume to zero
    6. Voilà
    7. Export as you wish

I hope this helps.:D

10. Laura N. macrumors newbie

music in imovie

I've successfully imported a slideshow from iphoto into imovie and now I want to add music. I know how to do this, but want to edit several songs and have them fade one into another during the movie. How can I do this? Also, can I edit a song so it doesn't start at the beginning of the song?

11. acmilan29 macrumors newbie

This is what im trying to do also... What if you only want to add music to a small segment of a movie... Like a 2min song to a slow speed section of a movie... What about the the audio that already there... Also need something that you can adjust the audio level... Thanks in advance