Adding my iPhone 6 wish for better camera and screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Newtons Apple, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I know it is blasphemy to talk about the Samsung in the iPhone forum but got a chance to use a new Samsung Galaxy S5 for the last few days and all I can say is the camera is far better than my 5S.

I am not disappointed in my 5S and would never go the Samsung and it's lousy OS, but Apple needs to step up to keep up. The screen is simply breathtaking in comparison.

You fan boys who can't hear anything negative about your Sweet Apple, need to chill.

2. cynics macrumors G4

This will not end well.

However my only gripe with the iPhone camera has been it's lack of software adjustments (ISO, white balance, etc) PRE photo. I can take a better photo if the native copy is more accurate the edit it later to my liking.

Thankfully it would appear this may being addressed with iOS 8. So I'll be a happy camper.

I'm not against them from improving it on a hardware level too.

3. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

You're comparing Samsung's newest generation flagship phone with Apple's last gen flagship phone; obviously, there are going to have been improvements. Wait until the 6 comes out so that you can make a valid comparison.

That kind of came out of the blue.

4. cynics macrumors G4

Adding my iPhone 6 wish for better camera and screen.

Comparing Apples newest generation flagship with Samsungs last gen flagship is a valid comparison? That's all that will be except rolls reversed.

Maybe not obviously :D haha

5. I7guy macrumors G5

Here ya' go.

http://www.imore.com/iphone-5s-vs-samsung-galaxy-s5-vs-htc-one-m8-camera-shootout

The bottom line:

"So which one should you choose? If you take a lot of indoor and low light photos, the Galaxy S5 will serve you better. For flash and macro photos, the iPhone 5s still reigns supreme. For everything in between, most folks would be happy with either device as far as the camera is concerned."

----------

Obvious fanboi talk. :)

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Sigh...

1. Post a negative opinion on an Apple fan site.
    2. Tells Apple fans not to listen.
    3. Thinks he's helping the community.
    4. Is likely surprised by the inevitable backlash.

7. KillerTree macrumors regular

I doubt the iPhone 6's camera will be much better than a 5s unless it has OIS. It's too thin.

8. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

You're right, I really flew off the handle there. Maybe I need anger management classes or something. :rolleyes:

9. cynics macrumors G4

Totally agree with you. Try taking deep breaths! :D

10. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I agree my s4 's camera is better than the 5s

11. Newtons Apple, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014

Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yes I am comparing, I make that quite clear. I am making an observation knowing it will ruffle the feathers of many Apple fans, of which I am included.

My last sentence was also a prediction of your response.

Good to see "some" can separate their feelings for Apple from facts.

When I take two images under the exact same conditions and look at the results of what my 5S produced and what the Samsung produced . . . Well it is sad. I am not sure if it is so much the camera or the luscious Samsung screen which is not only bigger but more sharp and vibrant. And yes I know all about the differences in Retina and amoled screens and their characteristics.

Being a long time user of Apple, likely longer than many of you, I am not about to switch to an android phone, I am simply hoping that Apple has something better up their sleeve.

12. I7guy macrumors G5

Well it's great that there are independent reviews. I posted one, I'm sure there are other credible ones. The way I interpret that one review is that samsungs newest flagship phone cannot "beat" the iPhone 5s camera.

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I very much so hear negatives about my sweet apple.

I have not had the chance to play with a S5 but I would assume the camera is better becuase its 4k. 4k is something I really want on an iPhone but i don't see it comming to the iPhone 6 :(. The screen on the S5 has a ppi of I think 450. I'm not exactly sure but it's some where in there. I also feel that apple needs to increase the ppi.

14. I7guy macrumors G5

Resolution is independent of dynamic range. Obviously more resolution, more dots per inch, could have a photo that is not as rich and dynamic, but can appear sharper as it's zoomed in.

15. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

Yeah but who would take the word of a professional independent reviewer over that of an irate forum poster with an obvious axe to grind?? ;-)

16. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Or an Apple fanboy who can't see the facts because he is blind from his love for Apple!:eek:

17. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

If you think that taking professional, independent reviews over the word of a random anonymous forum poster makes me a fanboy then that's your problem.

18. I7guy macrumors G5

So now the independent reviewer is being called a fanboy? :rolleyes:

19. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Oh, you silly. If an article doesn't line up with one's views, it's biased. :D

20. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Neither a professional independent review or random forum poster hold water in my eyes when I get the opportunity to place both phones next to each other.

I would say for you to try it too but I am sure that you would say you have already done so and found the iPhone to be far superior. :rolleyes:

I will leave this thread now as just as I thought, Apple people can't take any criticism. :apple:

----------

Uh, I was not talking about the independent reviewer. :eek:

21. I7guy macrumors G5

I don't think it's as much as taking critiscm as much as this may not be the prevailing opinion in the universe. Your opinion is your opinion and you should stick to your guns, however, it may not be the truth as the universe sees it.

22. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

Riiiight, because if anyone disagrees with your personal opinion, which by the way is NOT in agreement with the general consensus of professional reviewers, they're an "apple person" who "can't take criticism." It's CERTAINLY not possible that your opinion is just your opinion and not the gospel truth, right? To even suggest that makes one a fanboy, right?

I'm done feeding this troll. :rolleyes: