Adding new iCloud account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zschmitz, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Zschmitz macrumors newbie

So I'm in an interesting situation here. My brother and I both bought iPhone 5c's that look identical when we switched to Verizon. Well my brother started setting one up before realizing it was the phone attached to my phone number. So now my phone has his iCloud account on it.

I figured it would be easy to get rid of his account and put mine in its place, but I can't seem to figure out how. Does anyone know how to delete an iCloud account off an iPhone 5c?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Settings → iCloud → Scroll to the bottom and click Sign Out.

3. Zschmitz thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I guess I should have mentioned I tried that. When I click on delete account though, it says it will "turn off Find My Phone."

So idk if this will delete his account or do something else, like turn off the find my phone feature.

I know I probably look pretty stupid to you all, but I am new to iPhones and smart phones in general. Just want to make sure I don't do something I will regret when deleting his account.

Thanks for any help

4. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Nope, it will just sign out of iCloud on the phone. You'll have to enter his account password to disable to activation lock (Find My iPhone). It won't affect his account at all.

(It will also ask you if want to keep his synced contacts, etc. on the phone or delete them. If you delete them it only removes them from the phone not from iCloud.)

5. Zschmitz thread starter macrumors newbie