Adding Notation To Received Email?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shrink, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Is it possible to make a notation on a received email.

For example: I receive an email receipt from a purchase form Amazon. I want to put a note to myself on the email. Is there some way for me to put a note on the email?

I have a MBP, running Lion 10.7.2

I use gmail with Mac Mail.

Thanks, in advance, for any help...:D

2. Jollocks macrumors newbie

I'm not sure that's possible, However, I'm not 100% sure. The closest thing I can recommend is to create a new mailbox under your Gmail. You can do this by right-clicking on Gmail, then New Mailbox, Name that what you want to tell yourself, and put the given e-mails in the newly created mailbox. If not, Others posters may know another, and more efficient way of acheiving your goal.

Hope this helps, Merry christmas & a happy new year.

3. Shrink thread starter macrumors G3

Shrink

Thanks, Jollocks, for your reply. It's not exactly what I was looking for, and I think you may well be correct that what I want to do is not possible.

I appreciate you taking the time to help. And to you, a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.:D

4. Shrink thread starter macrumors G3

Shrink

Am I to assume that, after 455 views, no one knows the answer to my question - or that the answer to my question is "no, you can't put a personal note to yourself on on received email"?? :confused: :D

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Correct. You can't modify any email that you receive. You can forward that email to yourself, making any changes you like, but you can't alter the original email as received.

6. Shrink, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

Shrink thread starter macrumors G3

Shrink

Thanks, GGJ (notice that I'm addressing you by your fist name now:D), for the idea of forwarding the message to myself so I can add a note. I know I can always count on you for an idea.

So what took you so long. And don't give me that lame excuse; "I have a life away from MR".;)

To you and your family - my best wishes for a Happy Whatever-You-Celebrate and a Happy and Healthy New Year!:D

Edit: I used your suggestion - PERFECT!

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm old and slow.
    Same back at ya! :D