Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
does anyone know if I can add my parents overseas to my U.S. Apple Music plan? I'm already on the family plan and have a bunch of slots open.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
It would be all but impossible for Apple to offer this since every country has this own unique set of copyright laws. Even different companies may own different copyrighted tracks in different countries. Copyright laws far predates the global market.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
It would be all but impossible for Apple to offer this since every country has this own unique set of copyright laws. Even different companies may own different copyrighted tracks in different countries. Copyright laws far predates the global market.
Couldn't they just issue localised subscriptions, e.g. if OP's overseas relatives were in the UK they could have a UK Apple Music account 'billed' to the US family subscription.

I think a more fundamental reason is Apple almost never allows delivery of services in an alternative country to where it is billed.

If they allowed such cross-pollination of transactions then everyone in the UK, where a Music subscription is £9.99 per month would sign up a US account where it is $9.99 and save a few dollars a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.