Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bostonaholic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'm updating my current resume with information regarding my website I've built. I'm currently a Java developer and the majority of my professional experience highlights this, but I'd like to get involved in web development i.e. PHP, JavaScript, jQuery, etc.

I have separated Professional Experience from Personal Portfolio. Normally, in my professional experience I would list with the most recent projects first. But here, I have listed items in reverse order so if someone is reading the list, they can get an idea as to how I went about developing the site. Is it ok to do it like that for this reason?

(excuse the weird format here, it looks much better in word)

PERSONAL PORTFOLIO
--------------------------------
http://www.matthewboston.com
- Installation and configuration of LAMP for sandbox development and testing.
- Design the MySQL database with normalization in mind and author queries for data insertion and retrieval.
- Build a custom MVC framework in PHP to decouple the client-side requests from the server-side processing.
- Design the layout using CSS and XHTML adhering to W3C validation standards. Testing compliance in a multitude of browsers on several platforms and an array of screen resolutions.
- Usage of several user experience enhancements such as mod_rewrite for clean url’s, jQuery for AJAX form submissions, and JavaScript for form validation and DOM manipulation.

Should I really be highlighting the major features of my site like this? Are there areas that could be removed/changed/added? Obviously, I'd like to highlight my development abilities using web technologies. Although I have no professional experience in the field, I hope this will showcase my abilities in becoming a potential web-developer.

Thanks.

Bostonaholic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'm not sure why I put this in the web design sub-forum. Mods, you may move to the appropriate area if you believe it belongs somewhere else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.